OpenAP library has two parts, which are OpenAP model data and OpenAP Python packages.
Follow model datasets are all made public, under GPL open-source license:
- Aircraft data: Collected from open literature.
- Engines data: Primarily from ICAO emission data-bank, including fuel flow and emissions.
- Drag polar data: Exclusively derived from open data (reference).
- Kinematic data: Kinematic model (formally WRAP) describe speed, altitude, and vertical rate.
- Navigation data: Airport and waypoints obtained from X-plane .
OpenAP Python library includes the following packages:
prop: a package for accessing aircraft and engine properties
thrust: a package for computing aircraft thrust
drag: a package for computing aircraft drag
fuel: a package for computing fuel consumption
emission: a package for computing aircraft emissions
kinematic: a package for accessing WRAP data
aero: a package for common aeronautical conversions
nav: a package for accessing navigation information
segment: a package for determining climb, cruise, descent, level flight
phase: a wrapper around
segment, providing identification of all flight phases
traj: package contains a set of tools for trajectory generation